Thursday, July 23, 2009

Glacier National Park







As we visit each of the national parks we almost always come away thinking "it can't get any better than this!" Then we get to the next park and have to say it again. I think the beauty of the national park system is the diversity of the landscapes -- I don't think anyone can say Grand Teton is "better" than Yosemite, or Yellowstone is "better" than Canyonlands. They are each unique, they are each awesome (in the original sense of the word). Glacier NP, and it's Canadian sister park, Waterton Lakes, can certainly be described that way as well.

At one of our stops, I think it was Canyonlands, a fellow photographer was trying to capture the immensity of the scene before him. He said to me "there's no lens wide enough to capture this."

Uh oh. Windows just gave me the blue screen of death error message. I'd better try to add some images before my laptop dies.
So far so good. And yes, that's a bear photographed through the windshield of the truck.

2 Comments:

Blogger jettybeach said...

I just got to look at your amazing pictures and accounts of more of this beautiful country of ours. After sseing these areas, Phil and I said, what are we waiting for?

7:32 PM  
Blogger jettybeach said...

What will be your route home?

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home