Saturday, July 04, 2009

Yosemite













We spent most of a week near Yosemite National Park in the Sierra Nevada Mountains of California. Since it's the holiday weekend, we elected not to drive on the fourth, so we'll be moving on Sunday morning.

Like so many of the other national parks, Yosemite is spectacular. I've attached a few of the many photos I took, including El Capitan and waterfalls in Yosemite Valley as well as a few other scenes in the park. Unfortunately, the NPS decided to do a controlled burn on one of the ridges above the valley, so the views of the famous Ansel Adams photographed features are a bit hazy. As we entered the valley I told Penny we wouldn't leave until I duplicated all of those Adams images. Since he lugged his 8 x 10 view camera to the tops of the mountains many times just to get the single exposure he wanted, I don't think she believed me.

We got into the valley a few days before the holiday weekend, so the crowds weren't too bad. The next day, however, we waited an hour just to get into the park.

The weather here has been pretty spectacular too. Warm and dry during the days, and quite cool at night.

Comet just reminded me that I haven't mentioned the cats in a while. They're still apparently content. Comet has relinquished the space behind the TV in favor of the table, when he seems to spend most of his time. He does grudgingly share it with us at meal time and when we need a place to set up the laptop.
And you may have noticed that I still haven't figured out how to place the images exactly where they belong within the narrative. Maybe I should read the instructions for blogger.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Are the cats inside cats? I assume so, since outside is awfully big when you're traveling around the country. I'd love to hear their comments -- "Supposedly we traveled thousands of miles, but it all looks the same to us."

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home